Helpful Links To Support Your Mindfulness
Learning & Development Pathway
If you have any questions or feedback about your mindfulness practice, the mindfulness coaching sessions you have attended at the Coach Hub or you would like individual support in Mindfulness Coaching & Holistic Counselling sessions please email me directly, Marion Miller firstname.lastname@example.org
The following are links are some helpful resources I have hand picked that will help deepen your self-awareness & understanding the mindfulness teachings. Develop a mindfulness practice takes time & support & working with a teacher one on one or in a group program like Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction can really help you build an effective & sustainable practice.
1. The Insight Timer App: The best meditation app with the world's largest FREE library of
more than 30k guided meditations, 5k teachers & the world's most loved meditation timer. Here you can find over 10 of my meditations for free. https://insighttimer.com/
2. The Mindfulness Playlist by Marion Miller. This includes the MBSR Meditations from our sessions & other meditation records I have made. https://www.thecoachhub.com.au/mindfulnessplaylist
3. Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Program Term 1, 2021. Join us for the gold standard mindfulness program around the world. This is not a short course, this is an in depth, intensive into mind body & complimentary medicine. https://www.thecoachhub.com.au/events
4. The Mindfulness Collective Facebook support group for teachers and students. In this ground you will find events and article on mindfulness. Join is discussions or share a resource. https://www.facebook.com/groups/497102030490006/
5. The minimalist guide to setting up your meditation space on The Coaching Journal. This Blog I wrote to help people set up a nice meditation space at home to make the most of their practice and include a dedicated place for it. https://www.thecoachhub.com.au/post/the-minimalists-guide-to-setting-up-your-meditation-space
6. Mindful Magazine: A magazine dedicated to inspiring, guiding, and connecting anyone
who wants to explore mindfulness—to enjoy better health, more caring relationships, and a compassionate society. They also have a directory of international teachers & events.
7. Greater Good Science Centre - Science Based Insights For a Meaningful Life. Based at
UC Berkeley, Greater Good reports on groundbreaking research into the roots of compassion, happiness, and altruism. This blog posts some wonderful resources on mindfulness research & I have also done workshops with some of their leading scientists.
8. Jon Kabat-Zinn discusses the mindfulness attitudes on YouTube and how to use them in our
mindfulness practice and in our lives. Jon is the founder of the centre of mindfulness at the University of Massachusetts Medical School. He is also the founder of the Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program. This series is essential for anyone studying MBSR & wants to dive in deep to the spirit of the practice.
9. Full Catastrophe living is the well respected book by Jon Kabat Zinn on how to cope with
stress, pain and illness using mindfulness meditation. It's as big as a the bible and probably just as important!
10. Trauma-Sensitive Mindfulness with David Treleaven gives helpful guidelines around practicing or teaching mindfulness to trauma sufferers. With evidence that 1 in 4 people suffer childhood abuse trauma is more common than we think. This orientation into practice makes it safe, effective & inclusive for everyone. https://davidtreleaven.com/
11. Mindful Self-Compassion is a lovely practice to soften even the harshest critic. With mindfulness, common humanity & self kindness you can learn ways to accelerate, warm and enhance your mindfulness practice. https://self-compassion.org/
12. R.A.I.N Mindfulness practice by Tara Brach is a self-compassion practice for expanding awareness in the moment when you have a difficulty you're navitaging. https://www.tarabrach.com/rain/
13. The Science of compassion by Stephen Porges Ph.D. is a fantastic resource for anyone who wants to understand their physiology and interconnection of mind body from an evolutionary perspective. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=138&v=MYXa_BX2cE8&feature=emb_title&fbclid=IwAR0VdRkgVsi7pqr407ute5ADN9NpLw7RfK-UTD0nP9kpNaNFc6aQpGlNRnc
14. Interpersonal Mindfulness and relationship connection. We are social creatures & a large part of who we think we are is formed by social forces we live in. Social mindfulness takes the practice from an ego based invidual one and puts social connection at the heart of it. https://www.thecoachhub.com.au/post/interpersonal-mindfulness-relationship-connection